First of all, laugh out loud…yea good…
Exactly. That’s what i mean by the spirit of hush, the spirit of keeping quiet. Mind you, its a very good spirit and I wish it could possess many in our world today. One of the reasons we have rumors daily, trolls on social media and in real life and every other thing that involves spiteful talking is because people lack the good spirit of hush. And it works in two ways, chill, we will get to that.
I was watching an episode on my favorite talk-show The Real Daytime when they brought up a conversion about the spirit of hush inspired by this tweet;
Haha. I think we all need to abide in that spirit sincerely, talking only when its necessary could save you and other people a whole lot, you would be amazed and like I said, its bifurcated. A good but complex spirit. I like to associate the first branch to the good old saying Think before you talk. A lot of persons are so engrossed in their individual autonomy, they do not realize when they encroach that on others.
For Instance, how do you come on someone’s comment section on a fine picture to say things like, you are finer in real life, omg, you’re growing fat, work on it, sweetie you now have pimples. Please don’t tell me you haven’t see some comment and muttered oh sharrap. This is just one of many instances where some people just absolutely need to abide in the spirit of hush.
Opinions are important. I mean, we are homo sapiens, so we have the ability to think and arrive at our own conclusions, hold our opinions, but there are times when we need to stop, think and decide whether those opinions are to be expressed or we are to abide in the spirit of hush.
When should you abide in the spirit of hush?
- when you don’t have anything meaningful to say. Please dear, just keep quiet, help the world. Perhaps the oldest adage about keeping our mouth shut is;
” keep your mouth shut and people will never know just how ignorant you are, open it and you remove all doubt”.
- When you have no idea what you are talking about. No, it’s not the same with the first, this time you have no idea what you’re saying, haha. Just keep quiet.
For good or ill, your conversation is your advertisement. Every time you open your mouth you let men look into your mind._Brace Barton
- When you need someone else to get the credit. Have you ever had that teammate that is just so talkative and ends up taking the glory of the team? If you are one, stop it, it’s not good.
- When you are bragging instead of sharing. Abide in the good spirit of hush.
- When your comment is more about you than others. C’mon.
- When you want to avoid an angry outburst. Add walking away to your silence if the situation demands.
- When your words will demean or hurt the other person unnecessarily. It’s actually never necessary, dear social media trolls, take note.
- When the matter at hand is none of your business. Just drink water and hush. Only get involved when its absolutely necessary at your risk.
- When the other side will misunderstand and you have no duty to talk. Hush.
- When two parties are arguing. Dear defense counsel, drink water and mind your business if you were not sought after, e get why. Well, except it’s absolutely necessary.
Unless you can get the billions of people in the world to abide by the spirit of hush, there’s little you can do to control people’s shenanigans. However, Loni Love a co-host on the show said something very significant. She said “what is more important is how you respond to people because that is what you can control”. You have the power to determine your reaction to peoples’ actions, use it.
The older I have gotten, the quieter I have become. Not for lack of what to say, but for the realization that not everyone, not every topic deserves my energy.Adesua Etomi
One of my favorite sayings. Yes people, not everyone/ every topic deserves your energy, be selective about what you expend it on especially in a world that is so rooted in toxicity. Most importantly, be the change you want to see by minding the things you say, when you say it and how you say it. If its not necessary, please abide in the spirit of hush!
As always guys, the conversation continues in the comment section, share your experience with people you feel should have abound in the spirit of hush, lol. Remember to like, share and sign-up for more. Ciao!